Considering the recent spread of coronavirus, COVID-19, we understand your life may have been disrupted with changes and closures. Many of us have had to change the way we operate our home-life, businesses, shopping, and how we access healthcare. With all of the uncertainty, we are proud to be your stability. We want you to know we are here for you, and your pets during an uncertain time with normal business hours. The health of our patients, clients, and team members are always our first priority!
Our mission is to serve the community and provide a place for your pets to access medical care and treatment when you need help. To ensure we can provide uninterrupted service to you, we have plans in place for pandemic events to ensure everyone’s safety. At this time, our operations remain largely unchanged.
As part of our normal daily operating procedures, we dedicate hours to cleaning to deliver a sterile and disinfected environment to you. Cleaning and disinfecting is nothing new at Aspen Family Pet Hospital, it’s our job and duty to you and our community. Our disinfecting process and cleaning agents kill a wide spectrum of viruses and bacteria including Coronavirus.
Our dedicated team members have been asked not to report to work if sick. If they are showing symptoms of any illness they have been advised to seek medical attention and stay home until their symptoms have resolved. So far, we are all healthy and have not suffered illness.
If you are sick or concerned about your ability to bring your patient in, give us a call and we can guide you through how we can continue to help you receive care for your pet. We are researching, and in the first stages of, implementing a video visit for certain conditions where we can help your pet in the comfort of your own home via app on smartphone or computer. Stay tuned for more information as this option is only for specific cases.
Our promise to you is to continue to monitor the ongoing developments and ensure we can provide uninterrupted quality care with a great experience. We also promise to keep you up to date with any announcements through emails and through our Facebook page. Please find us on Facebook and follow us to ensure you are receiving the very latest news.
On 3/16/20 we implemented curbside appointments. This temporary change is for your safety, the safety of our team, and the ability to continue providing exceptional care for your pet.
Here is how curbside appointments work:
- Once you arrive at our hospital, stay in your car and call us (970-635-1850) to let us know you are here.
- A technician will call back to get a brief history for your pet over the phone.
- After the history, a technician will meet you outside car to bring your pet in for the veterinary examination. Please have all dogs on a slip leash and all other pets in a carrier to facilitate the transfer. We will be happy to provide a slip leash if needed.
- Your veterinarian will perform an exam on your pet, call to discuss findings, and go over a treatment plan with you. This is all done while you are waiting in the comfort of your vehicle.
- Once it’s time to checkout, our reception team will go over charges and receive your credit card information over the phone. Receipts will then be emailed.
- A technician will meet you back at your car to hand over your beloved pet.
- If you need to pick up medication or food, please call to let us know you are here and a member of our team will bring it out to you.
- We will still continue to let owners to be in the hospital with their pets for euthanasia’s.
** Note: This service is provided assuming you are feeling well. We kindly request you make arrangements for someone else to bring in your pet if you are sick. **
We promise to continue monitoring the ongoing developments to ensure we can provide uninterrupted quality care. We will continue to refrain from diluting your inbox with less important information. Please find us on Facebook (there is a link below to our Facebook page) to be updated more frequently.
We appreciate your understanding during this time of major life disruptions. As an essential business, we want you to know we are open and here for you and your pets with normal business hours. Our mission is to continue providing a place to access medical care when your pets need help.